Clinics We Offer
We are keen to promote healthy living and disease prevention at John Tasker House and Felsted Surgeries, our practice nurses and healthcare assistant offer a wide range of services available to all patients:
Make an appointment with our healthcare assistant for:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Blood Tests
- New Patient checks
- Smoking cessation
Make an appointment with the practice nurse for:
- Audiology checks (John Tasker House only)
- Cervical Screening
- Dressings and Stitch Removal
- Flu Vaccination
- Pneumonia Vaccination
- Ear Syringing
- Minor Injuries
Blood Pressure Checks
Blood Pressure checks are available to patients who have been advised by their GP to have their Blood Pressure checked regularly.
All women between the ages of 25 and 64 are strongly advised to have regular Cervical Screening.
Flu vaccinations are available annually to all patients over 65 years of age or those patients in specific at risk groups. Vaccinations are usually available from October to January.
Pneumonia Vaccinations are available to all patients over 65 years of age or those patients in specific at risk groups. This vaccination is available at any time and is only given once.
Smoking Cessation Clinics
Should you wish to give up smoking, help and advice is available in our Smoking Cessation Clinics.
Termination of Pregnancy
Patients can self-refer to Marie Stopes UK by calling 0345 300 8090. This is an NHS funded service. For more information go to https://www.mariestopes.org.uk/find-us/.
All GPs and practice nurses at both surgeries offer routine contraception services and advice on all aspects of Family Planning. These include pill checks, coil fittings/checks, cap fittings/checks, implants, condoms and emergency contraception. The GPs also give advice on sterilisation and vasectomies.
The surgeries also offers two specialist services:
- Family Planning Clinic (John Tasker House Surgery only) - available to anyone requiring contraception services or family planning.
- Essex C-Card Scheme Outlet - designed to provide easy access to condoms for young people under the age of 20 free of charge.
You do not need to be a registered patient at either of the surgeries to make use of the above services.
The surgeries offer a shared care package with the midwives and consultants at four local hospitals, Princess Alexandra in Harlow, Broomfield in Chelmsford, The Rosie in Cambridge and William Julian Courtauld (WJC) Unit in Braintree.
If you think you are pregnant and have carried out a home pregnancy test, you can book directly with maternity services at approximately 6 weeks at the following hospitals:
- Broomfield, Chelmsfordand WJC, Braintree - 01245 362305
- Princess Alexandra, Harlow - 01371 877415
If you would like to be seen at The Rosie, Cambridge please make an appointment with your GP at approximately 6 weeks. If you have any problems please contact the surgery sooner.
- 6 week checks - both surgeries offer routine 6 week checks for new babies. Please ring your surgery for an appropriate appointment.
- Immunisations- both surgeries also offer childhood immunisation programmes as recommended by the Department of Health.